Please make sure you are there to pick up your child/children 15 min before practice ends. Don’t be late!!!
We will have practice during Spring Break. (April 2-6)Practice will be at the SHS track Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 6-7:30pm.
Starting April 9th, we will have practice Monday, Tuesday and Thursdays from 6:30pm-8pm
Practices will be held at Summerville High School track, unless notified via text message through Remind.
Apparel: Children should wear athletic gear. NO JEAN SHORTS.
Running shoes for children are available
at most shoe/sports stores.
Bring water/Gatorade to every practice.
NUTRITION – The night before a meet, the athlete should eat a low fat, high carbohydrate meal, such as pasta, salad and fruit. The day of the meet, carbonated drinks, candy, milk products, and heavy, greasy food should be avoided, as they are hard to digest. Fruit juice, water, diluted sports drinks, and light foods are recommended for consumption during the meet. PLEASE BRING PLENTY OF WATER.
TEAM SAFETY – There will be alot of young athletes at practice sessions and meets. In order to ensure the safety of all, a few rules must be enforced:
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
- Spikes may be worn only when authorized by one’s coach.
- Throwing any object is prohibited.
- No climbing of fences, bleachers, equipment, etc.
- Property and equipment must not be defaced.
- No walking or jogging in the inner three lanes.
- Look both ways before crossing the track.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.